This site is intended to be a tool kit for agility competitors in Florida, whether they are residents, snowbirds or just visiting for a week or more and want to squeeze a trial in with your other tourist adventures.
Some site features:
- Master calendar of all agility trials held by Florida clubs. US Holidays are also included in the calendar. A few select trials outside of the state are also included.
- Descriptions of the trial sites including maps, satellite views and street level views of the site. Note, street views may not work on some mobile devices. Also, a listing of lodging in the area.
- Links to trial premiums
- Some files that may be of use
- News feeds for new premium announcements and site updates. Click on Subscriptions for more info
- Links to web sites of clubs hosting agility trials and trial secretaries with web sites.
Florida has become a year round agility destination. Until a couple of years ago the only Summer trials were some UKC and TDAA trials that could be held in air conditioned training buildings because the ring size requirement is not as great. There would also be the occasional evening trial. Thanks to a new air conditioned arena in Arcadia we had five AKC trial sets (17 days) this past Summer in air conditioned comfort. There will probably be more trials next Summer.
Most of the AKC events are held in outdoor covered equestrian arenas. A couple of the sites are indoor equestrian facilities. Most of the equestrian centers have RV hookups. A few AKC trials are held outdoors on grass. The soil is generally porous so the rain just drains through it. CPE & NADAC trials tend to be outdoors on grass. Some USDAA trials are held in equestrian centers (indoors and outdoors) as well as outdoors on grass.
For those in RVs, most of the AKC sites are RV friendly with some degree of hookups ranging from electric only to water/electric/sewer hookups (I consider full hookups to include cable and WiFi - and none of the sites are that complete). There are a few AKC sites where you will have to dry camp. The trial site information will indicate the RV accomodations.
During the peak season, you will find up to four AKC trials on the same weekend. There are numerous CPE, NADAC and USDAA trials during the peak season (mid September through May). UKC and TDAA tend to be summertime events (but not exclusively). There will be an occasional ASCA trial. No UKI or DOCNA trials yet.
We compete in mostly AKC so I am familiar with most of the AKC sites and have done my best with the other venues. If you have corrections, additions, suggestions, etc., contact me using the "Contact Webmaster" link at the bottom of each page. We have traveled all over the country in our RV attending trials. You can see where we have been at ewins.org